The Children’s Health and Human Rights Partnership (CHHRP) was pleased to participate, for the third time, at the Birth and Beyond Conference in London, Ontario. Dr. Guest presented the following talk:
Medical and Ethical Opposition to Male Circumcision
This presentation included information about:
- the historical origins of circumcision
- worldwide trends in circumcision
- the sexual and physiologic function of the foreskin
- evolutionary perspectives on the foreskin
- medicalization of circumcision during the Victorian era
- examination of the medical claims in support of circumcision
- circumcision and HIV transmission
- circumcision and medical ethics
- circumcision and human rights
You may recognize Dr. Guest from his video “Circumcision: The Whole Story” (NSFW), produced in association with the Barrie Midwives.
This is an extremely informative presentation, with rave reviews, something no health professional should miss. Be informed and get the whole story on male infant circumcision. If you would like to see this presentation come to your city please contact CHHRP at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.